Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel is located right on San Francisco Beach in the southwestern portion of the island. Palancar Reef is just a five minute boat ride from the Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel. Dining, entertainment and shopping venues are located near the hotel along with golfing, deep-sea fishing and jungle tours. Cozumel International Airport is only 14 miles from the Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel. The hotel offers motor scooter and car rental services for the convenience of guests. Taxi services are also available in the area. See More Below
Location. Embraced by tropical flora and fauna, the Occidental Grand Cozumel faces a marine park on Cozumel, Mexico’s southwest coast, less than 17 kilometers from downtown San Miguel.Hotel Features. The hotel boasts nine restaurants and bars, including fine dining at Los Olivios where recessed ceilings and bas-reliefs add architectural interest to the Mediterranean-inspired setting. The open-air La Hacienda restaurant serves buffet lunches and Mexican-cuisine à la carte dinners. La Mision is an air-conditioned disco bar that remains open after midnight. This property caters to corporate groups by offering business services, high-speed Internet access and conference space. A “quiet pool” lies in the resort’s center while an activities pool overlooks the beach. Non-motorized water craft, snorkeling and scuba equipment are provided by the resort, and a dive shop offers instruction and reef, sunken ship and night dives. An air-conditioned health-and-beauty spa features massages, body treatments, facials and hair/nail care. The spa contains a fitness center with cardiovascular equipment, a Universal gym, free weights and a sauna. A six-person spa tub provides a soothing way to conclude the day. Supervised activities for children include a clubhouse and beach playtime programs.
Guestrooms. This resort offers 252 guestrooms in three-story colonial-villa-style buildings. Villas feature stocked minibars, marble floors, tropical plants, Mexican ceramics and primitive-style paintings. Bathrooms contain stall showers and separate tubs. Located in two secluded villas, the Royal Club rooms feature DVD/CD players, dial-up Internet access, and bathrooms with bathrobes, showers and jetted tubs. The Royal Club rate includes exclusive access to a check-in/concierge lounge furnished with complimentary Internet-access computers, use of a private spa tub, and access to a private Royal Club Restaurant/Bar.
Expert Tip. A chorus of jungle birdsong fills the air at dawn and dusk. The best place to hear this performance is along a wooden bridge that separates the resort’s pools. All-Inclusive Rate Plan: All-inclusive amenities and resort fees are determined by the property and are subject to change.
- Meals at resort restaurants
- Unlimited domestic- and international-brand drinks at restaurants and bars and in-room mini-bar with soft drinks, beer, water
- Non-motorized water sports and equipment, including snorkeling gear, kayaks, windsurfers, Hobie Cat sailboats, boogie boards, water polo and basketball, pool volleyball and aerobics and introductory scuba-diving lesson in pool
- Land activities and equipment, including tennis, bocce, horseshoes, beach volleyball, ping-pong, pool and giant outdoor chess
- Supervised activities for children ages 4-12 in air-conditioned clubhouse and outdoors on shaded sand playground from 9 a.m to 5 p.m.
Plan Does Not Include:
- Meals and drinks at private Royal Club Restaurant for guests not staying in Royal Club guestrooms and gift-shop snack foods and beverages
- Wine by the bottle
- Motorized water sports
- Snorkeling trips and scuba-diving certification classes or excursions
- Spa and beauty treatments and services
- Optional or outside tours and excursions
- Laundry and dry cleaning services
- Child care outside of club hours
- Business services, including telephone, fax, Internet access
- Airport transfers and departure taxes, local transportation and additional incidental purchases
Parque Chankanaab (national marine park) – 1.5 kilometers | Parque Punta Sur (eco-park) – 5.5 kilometers | El Cedral (Mayan ruins) – 8.0 kilometers | Central plaza (shopping, dining) – 16.5 kilometers | Ferry terminal – 16.5 kilometers | Cozumel Country Club (18-hole championship course) – 21.0 kilometers